West Riverside Neighborhood and Medical Campus Plan
Winner of the Wisconsin APA Honor Award for District Planning
The West Riverside Neighborhood and Medical Campus Plan combined a long-term vision with immediate practical actions to galvanize support for a diverse central neighborhood of Eau Claire, Wisconsin.
The plan built on the several assets of the neighborhood, which include a Mayo Health System hospital and clinic, frontage on the Chippewa River and Half Moon Lake, and a central location.
Working with the Eau Claire Redevelopment Authority, planners proposed a continuous riverfront park and trail in conjunction with the redevelopment of obsolescent industry to housing, hospitality and mixed-uses.
Other recommendations addressed urban design, park planning, rezoning, specific site layout, two rail-to-trail conversions, streetscape, hospital growth, parking, housing rehabilitation, code enforcement and neighborhood organization.
Community involvement was ensured through a citizens advisory committee, the Redevelopment Authority, Parks Commission and Plan Commission.
Graphic assistance was provided by Peter Musty, LLC, and Suess GIS and Graphics.
- Arden Hills Downtown Master Plan and Urban Design Guidelines
- Astra Village Master Plan and Urban Design Guidelines
- Clive, Iowa, Northwest Neighborhood Plan and Design Guidelines
- Eau Claire Comprehensive Plan 2005
- Eau Claire Comprehensive Plan 2015
- Eau Claire Waterways Plan
- Eau Claire Economic Development Plan
- Edina Valley View at Wooddale Plan
- Economic Impact of Mississippi River Lock Closing
- Expert Witness Testimony
- Loring Park Neighborhood Master Plan
- New York East River Bikeway
- Northstar Corridor Station Neighborhood Planning
- Springfield, Missouri, Comprehensive and Fringe Growth Plans
- Traditional Zoning Ordinance
- Urban Photography
- Vadnais Heights Municipal Services
- Waseca Zoning Ordinance
- West Riverside Neighborhood and Medical Campus Plan
- Wind Energy Assessment and Permitting